Our client service department (CSD) works one-on-one with our clients and their families needing aid with rental and utility assistance, job coaching, interview skills, resume writing, financial fitness, social service navigation, and rehabilitation connections. Their goal is to provide training in basic life skills, groups that help individuals deal with the stresses of life, and assistance in the pursuit of a new career path.
While receiving invaluable life skills and tools to better their futures, individuals also benefit from the encouragement of our staff to go forward in their lives. Our clients experiencing homelessness are given facilities to shower, do laundry and a hot cup of coffee and conversation while here. All services are free of charge.
You are welcomed to walk in anytime between 9 am–1 pm Monday – Thursdays. No appointment is needed. Once all the below paperwork is completed and in your file, you will be called back for an interview with our CSD personnel. This process from first visit to decision of assistance is usually 7-10 days.
Who is Eligible?
Anyone who lives within the Riverbend community is eligible for financial assistance in the area of rent or utilities. You have to have lived at that residence for at least 6 months, and the balance of what you owe cannot exceed $750.
Does everyone that fills out our application receive assistance?
Due to the large volume of requests we receive every month, we cannot promise financial assistance to everyone that walks through our doors. What we can promise is an ear that will listen, a heart that is willing to help you navigate other resources and agencies, and an atmosphere that values safety, confidentially, and prayer as a way to offer hope as you walk this journey.
Information that you should be prepared to bring before interview is scheduled
- Client Service Department Intake Form (fully completed)
- Photo Identification of applicant
- Copy of Social Security Card for all household members (including non-relatives and all ages)
- Proof of Income (acceptable forms include) Include all that apply
- Employment – 1 recent paycheck stub
- Pension – monthly statement
- TANF – monthly statement
- Social Security Immediate Need
- General Assistance
- Social Security
- Unemployment – verification or statement
- Disability Statement
- SNAP Benefits (food stamps)
- Other (i.e. child support, spousal, etc.)
- Proof of Address (acceptable forms include)
- Utility Bill
- Rental Agreement
- Community Services Intake Form (fully completed)
- Zero Income Signed Affidavit for all household members 18 & over if not working
For more information or questions:
131 E Ferguson Ave
Wood River, IL 62095